PARKWAY MAGNET AUDITIONS:
If you are applying to Parkway Middle School of the Arts to be an incoming 6th grader in theatre, vocal or dance, we can accomplish your audition at the same time you can audition to be one of the few selected Broward County 5th graders in our spring production of The Addams Family Musical - Young @ Part Edition! How? Simple - by learning and performing the song, we will see your vocal and acting skills in action. By learning the dance combination we teach you at the audition, we will be able to assess your dancing level. If you are applying for the theatre, vocal, or dance programs, this Addams Family audition will count as your program audition IF you remember to apply online at www.BrowardSchools.com/SchoolChoice AND you follow their directions for mailing your most recent report card and your 4th grade FSA percentiles, please. If you are applying for the visual art program or one of our instrumental music programs, you will need to schedule a separate audition for those programs. The application window opens Dec. 1st and closes Feb. 7th!
Also, remember - get an up close and personal look at our programs at our Magnet Open House on January 23rd at 6:30pm in our Main Theatre. Parkway Middle School of the Arts is located at 3600 NW 5th Ct., Lauderhill, FL 33311. The school's website is http://parkway.browardschools.com, or you can visit the magnet program's page at www.parkwaysota.weebly.com.
If you wish to audition for both The Addams Family AND our theatre, vocal, or dance magnet, simply follow the steps below.
1. Apply for the magnet program at www.BrowardSchools.com/SchoolChoice
2. Email me at Michelle.TERL@browardschools.com with the subject line: ADDAMS 5th Grade Audition, the student's name & magnet major of choice (theatre, vocal, dance)
3. We will email you to schedule your audition.
4. Download the Addams Family audition song by clicking HERE (available Jan. 23rd).
5. Download the informational packet & show contract at the same link you found the audition song: HERE (available Jan. 23rd).
6. Practice the audition song with both the vocal guide and with the karaoke tracks.
7. Bring your completed contract with you to the audition at your scheduled time.
Break a leg! We can't wait to meet you!
Love, Mrs. Terl
Parkway Middle School of the Arts